Friday 14 February 2014

valentine's

Inspired by the H&M #hmloves competition, as well as its gorgeous array of monochrome goodies at the moment, and the overwhelming feeling of gushy gooey valentine's love (ahem), I thought I'd put together a very vaguely valentine's day outfit, which just so happens to be (almost) entirely from H&M.



Cropped tee: H&M . Side split maxi skirt: H&M . Platform boots: Topshop . Heart-shaped bag: H&M . Black tights: M&S




I fell in love with this skirt as soon as I saw it - especially as it appeals to my eagerness to grab a bargain at a very reasonable £12.99 - but was unsure as to whether it would suit me or not, having found that maxi skirts weren't overly flattering for my shape. I'm also a sucker for a mini skirt, feeling most confident being a slut with my legs out. However, the super slutty side split teamed with some suck-me-in tights made me feel like my silhouette wasn't half as lumpy, with the large flower print being an added saving grace.

And being a self-proclaimed lover of the trusty crop, I couldn't resist this semi-sheer and striped white long-sleeved crop top for only £5.99, creating my favourite kind of ensemble; a greyscale one. But a red lip - this one, which is a gorgeous, intense deep claret colour, but I toned it down a bit for a more subtle pinky red - with matching heart shaped bag and red Mondaine watch - which I absolutely will write a post about sometime soon - adds a lovey dovey valentine's-themed colour pop (vom).

Now the reason I have had such a gap since my last blogpost was due to a spontaneous trip to Madrid, which is where - after some change of plans, and indeed heart, - I will be moving in the next few months to teach English, so I thought it prudent to actually visit the place to suss it out a little. Needless to say, I loved it, and I will do a more in-depth post about it soon, including my annoyingly small - yet delightfully monochrome -, hand baggage-sized capsule wardrobe, oh the woes. In the meanwhile, I hope you've had a lovely valentine's day, and good luck to all you #hmloves hashtaggers! Before I further rifle through my extensive H&M collection, hasta luego.
eleanorrosemary x

No comments:

Post a Comment