Sunday 2 February 2014

slacks

As mentioned in my previous post, I have purchased some high-waisted trousers that I have recently been coveting, but are neither really something I would feel brave enough to wear or have anything to wear them with. I decided to take the plunge anyway as they were in the sale at River Island, and I absolutely adore them!



High-waisted trousers: River Island . Roll-neck crop top: New Look . Platform boots: Topshop . Grey socks: M&S . Clutch bag: Gap

As much as I have my days where an honest splash of colour is welcomed and encouraged, I do still love wearing an (almost) entirely monochrome outfit. There's something about a classic black roll-neck top which I adore, and this cropped version from New Look (sadly no longer available but can be found in a variety of colours, including black, on Asos) gives this a more night-out feel. The trousers are comfortable yet dressy with my favourite Topshop boots, and the gorgeous belt that comes with them sort of reminds me of fashion worn by rappers during the early 90's (which couldn't possibly be a bad thing). This gorgeous genuine leather clutch from Gap in a colour pop of purple breaks up the monochrome nicely, and is amply sized to fit in all my necessary junk.



High-waisted trousers: River Island . Tartan crop top: Primark . Knee-length cardigan: H&M . Puma trainers: Office

Monochrome and tartan are favourite trends for Winter (because, let's face it, we ain't in Spring yet) so to incorporate them both in one outfit - despite some clashing prints - always makes me happy. Another roll-neck crop top, I find this such a versatile layer, which I picked up for a bargain £4 in Primark; home to many a tartan print of late. I mentioned this knee-length cardigan briefly at the end of my last post, and although I was looking for something a little longer like this one, I found a cheaper equivalent from H&M which I'm really thrilled with, as it's a good thickness and creates a lovely slim silhouette to any outfit. It can be quite dressy worn with a short dress or skirt, acting like a coat but eliminating the heaviness that you want to avoid when on a night out. As an ensemble, my new Puma trainers make this über casual and cosy, showing two very different ways to rock some high-waisted slacks.

For next time: my passion for pastels. In the meanwhile, to satisfy your pastel-coloured needs, check this out, and hasta luego.
eleanorrosemary x

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete