Thursday 2 January 2014

the resolution

2013 was a fantastic year. I managed to graduate with a 2:1 in French and Spanish from Cardiff University, I became a WWI researcher for the university over the summer, I was maid of honour at my sister's wedding and I bagged myself a CELTA. It is hardly surprising that although I'm hopeful and optimistic for 2014, at the back of my mind I know that 2013's going to be a hard one to beat. Being one of those - admittedly self-proclaimed - glass half full people though, I always endeavour to see light in any potentially dark situation (even if Christmas was so bloody great that I'm having extreme withdrawal symptoms, *sob*). So to ease the inevitable January blues, whilst fulfilling my New Year's resolutions to start a blog, here I am!

This blog will be following my currently fairly mediocre life in my hometown of Shrewsbury - including highly sophisticated chat about fashion, beauty, food and my love of languages - before I up sticks and move to Malaga, Spain, where I will hopefully be utilising my recent teaching qualification and languages degree to help me become a real person (i.e. someone who no longer scrounges from one's parents and is therefore able to maintain one's own financial and emotional stability). I'd always wanted to write a blog during my third year abroad, as I know I would have found it useful at the time to get the inside scoop from a fellow student or peer. So here is my chance to share the planning process of The Big Move and my experiences as a Brit abroad.

I'm incredibly snap happy so please follow me on Instagram if you feel compelled to do so!

eleanorrosemary x

No comments:

Post a Comment