Thursday 16 January 2014

comfies

I may have previously mentioned my love of the humble cropped jumper, so I thought I'd get a couple out and show you how I like to wear them the best; no fuss, no frills, comfies.


Floral print dress: H&M . Stripy cropped tee: River Island . Heeled desert boots: Tesco . Grey and black frilly socks: Primark

Firstly, this is one of my favourite outfits, and a perfect base for cropped jumper layering; just a simple printed pinafore-style dress and 3/4 sleeve top, in the classic clashing monochrome, incorporating my love of striped and slash-neck tees. These heeled desert boots from Tesco (which are sadly no longer available, but Office have a lovely similar version which can be found here) finish the black and white outfit nicely, and are just about the right height for me to bear.
But for the rather chilly January we're having, it's pretty much necessary to add an extra layer (which I always relish), such as a trusty little crop.
And at the moment there are a plethora of cropped jumpers to choose from, ranging in colours, textures and lengths. Here are a few that have taken my fancy whilst doing my daily scour of online high street retailers.



I'm loving this Topshop cropped jumper, appealing to my love of monochrome and stripy things, but for this Winter I'm more inclined to go for something more like this gorgeous River Island number. It's just so fluffy! And I can't imagine feeling any January blues in such a beautiful shade of yellow. The striking colour of this New Look jumper would have a similar uplifting effect I would imagine, yet I find that the best cropped jumpers to be found at New Look are sadly in the teen collection and, although I found age 12-13 to be equivalent to a size 10-12, it's a shame that a larger range of sizes aren't available. Lastly, this adorable ASOS jumper was recently seen on Kimberley Walsh on This Morning (ooh er!) and encapsulates my favourite things at the moment; heart prints and fluffy fabrics, which are more than dominating this season's knitwear trend.

Now despite New Look not having the largest array of cropped jumpers at the moment, at the end of 2013 I managed to pick up three different jumpers which have ended up being staples of my Winter wardrobe.



Coral jumper . Skull necklace: Claire's Accessories * Cream jumper . Beaded collar: Craft stall * Blue jumper . Silver aztec necklace: Primark

These jumpers have proven to be so versatile and as much as I love to wear them with comfy cotton dresses during the daytime, these can easily be dressed up with a shirt, a high-waisted skirt or pair of jeans and some (proper) heels. Cute necklace obligatory though!

I promise I will never mention a cropped jumper again. But before you realise that I am rarely able to keep promises, hasta pronto.
eleanorrosemary x

2 comments:

  1. Hi dear, you have nice blog and great post, I hope we can follow each other, if you decided to do so and follow me on BLOGLOVIN, please let me know so I can follow you back, thank you xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete