Tuesday 12 August 2014

sweat

Well, this is embarrassing.

Of course what I'm referring to is yet another one of my hiatuses, this time lasting a bit too long for a legitimate excuse. Having said that, I should probably stop making excuses anyway, especially as my new(ish) life in Madrid has been rather bloody lovely! However, what I naively chose to ignore when I decided to relocate was that during the summer months, the services of a (highly talented and sickeningly humble) English teacher are not readily required, or not even half as much as during the academic year, and despite having a busy May and June, July and August so far have, in stark contrast, been quiet on the teaching front.

In theory this should have given me too much time to get back into the blogging swing of things – especially as the high street here is pretty spectacular – but one overwhelming factor with moving to Madrid, that I also rather naively chose to ignore, is that it's fucking sweltering. Apparently this is no problem for many a European blogger who all seem to look like beautiful shining bronzed goddesses, (I just don't understand how this lady does it) whereas yours truly, the “English rose” (which by the way is THE worst, backhanded compliment ever, because you're essentially highlighting the cruel fact that instead of getting tanned, one just gets gradually more pink), is more reminiscent of a pre-pubescent, post-Sports-Day-hater-of-all-things-Sports-Day who is decidedly swollen and sweaty. Hyperbole, admittedly, but you get the vague gist that the outfit has potential until stepping into the disgusting heat of inland Spain.

In the meanwhile, I took a little trip back home to Shrewsbury which was absolutely lovely, and picked up some new Doc Martens, which have made a brief appearance on my Instagram, if you fancied looking at my feet/things I put on my feet. I've also been getting slightly over-excited about AW14, and have already a purchased a lovely quilted pleather skirt and bubblegum pink jumper in the ridiculous sales which, at this rate, I will NEVER BE ABLE TO WEAR.

Winter clothing is just so much more fun, sigh. #whenwillthissummerend

I am so ungrateful.

Whilst I fervently try to stop whinging, hasta luego!
eleanorrosemary x

No comments:

Post a Comment